Our Parish Safeguarding Officers can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 07411 654 094
Charlie Moore (the Rector of St Mary’s)
Phone: 020 7357 0984
Our Churchwardens can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 07939 557 873
Phone: 020 7771 1598 / 07876 705 018
Information about where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues is as follows:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers can be contacted as follows:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Landline: 020 7939 9423 Mobile@ 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours).
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers
Landline: 020 7939 9441 Mobile: 07946 255295
Landline: 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
A Safe Church is a manual containing the Diocesan policies, procedures and guidelines for safeguarding children, safeguarding adults who may be vulnerable, and responding to domestic abuse. Significant amendments have been made in 2018 in line with a number of new and revised policies from the House of Bishops and the National Safeguarding Team and to reflect changes in wider safeguarding procedure and legislation. Click here to access the latest version of A Safe Church.